I can't even express in words how wonderful it was to awaken every couple of hours (for her scheduled feedings) and get to hold her in my arms. She slept through all of her bottles, and barely ate anything, but I didn't care. I got to hold my tiny Molly for hours last night. I got to watch her sleeping in my arms, breathing in and out, making all sorts of funny expressions in her sleep. I got to sleep just a few feet from my precious girl, although I barely slept at all. I stared across the dimly lit room at her. I listened to all her little peeps and grunts in the absence of beeping alarms and chatty nurses. It was just us, for the first time. She was all mine. I got to be her mama and do what mamas do. All night long.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in secret. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. ~Psalm 139:13-16
Friday, March 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are right - there is NOTHING in this world better than that!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for both of you! You are one lucky mama to have such an amazing daughter and she is an incredibly fortunate baby to have you for her mother!
ReplyDelete