Yesterday was my 31st birthday. And
I actually found turning 31 to be much easier than turning 30 was! I
remember spending my birthday last year discontent, sad that I was turning 30
having not really accomplished much of what I’d always thought
I would by that milestone. No babies, mainly. But also no
real career to speak of, thanks in part to so many moves. We’d just
uprooted from a duty station, friends, and church family we loved
dearly. But as much as it started out on a gloomy foot, this past
year turned out to be one of the best ones yet.
And as I turned the page to 31 yesterday, I felt so
incredibly, simply satisfied. The past year has brought the biggest
ups and downs I’ve ever felt, and left me feeling so grateful for this rollercoaster
of a life. This beautiful little one growing inside is the miracle
we’ve waited for, prayed for. She has blessed us beyond measure
already. These past 8 months have shown me a compassionate and brave
side of my sweet husband that has drawn me even more deeply into our
love. I’ve felt the sincere love of so many poured out upon us
during this chapter of our lives. We bought our first house, the
home that we will bring our first baby home to. I have a soft, snuggly
kitty warming my lap as I type, who keeps me loyal and constant company while
Cameron is away. There is so very much to be thankful for.
I got an exciting gift this year for my birthday: I got to
choose our precious baby girl’s birthday! And it’s only 3 weeks and
5 days from today. December 27th, 2012, we will welcome
our little cupcake into this big world. And although it will be
tough at times, I know life will be exponentially more beautiful this 32nd year.
Autumn! I just read this post! Congratulations on choosing the birthday! How exciting! Oh my goodness, it's so close! I'm very, very excited for you. I truly believe, deep down, that while it's going to be very scary for the time to come, you will be relieved to have your sweet baby girl born. It will be on our calendar! We love you three! Katie
ReplyDelete